Green Waste Pick up Locations
(expired veggies for livestock)
Good Acre Market (Gibsons Public Market)
Pacific Soil Analysis – Richmond
11720 Voyageur Way 5 # 5; Richmond, British Columbia (604) 273-8226
Vets that come to the Coast
Please contact their clinic to set up your vet/client relationship.
- Dr. Hermen Geertsema – Equine Services – 1 (604) 857-5432 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Aaron Gibbons – Langley Animal Clinic – 1 (604) 534-4813
- Dr. Gail Jewell – email@example.com
- Dr. Steph – Abbotsford Large Animal Vet – 1 (604) 302-1993
- Dr. Catherine Stuart – Maple Ridge Animal Hospital – 1 (778) 847-7319
- Cloverdale Pharmasave – Farm animal medical supplies – ships to the coast – 1 (604) 576-2888
- James Erickson – Erickson Meats – 778-385-2997
- Tom Gilcrest – 604-740-6390
- Jarvis Canada – Sales Rep Jeff – Supplier of meat and poultry processing equipment. Cell: 1 (403) 680-0183 https://www.jarviscanada.com/
- Pieter DeMooy – Based on Vancouver Island. $10 per animal, shearing and toes ($100 min per farm). Cell 1-250-652-2219 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Johanna Walker – Based in Langley. 1-604-329-7415
- Battery powered hoof trimmers – “The Hoof Boss uses micro-precision cutting ability with little pressure needed to operate the tool” mybosstools.com use coupon code mobile10 to get 10% off your order.
BC Farmers Markets
On Farm Food Safety
BCA Farm Classification
Heritage & Organic Seed Suppliers in Canada
BC Eco Seed Coop
Two Wings Farm – Victoria, BC
They sell heirloom tomatoes, lettuces, peppers and many more. They also have a planting instructions for beginners.
Contact: 250 478 3794
Heritage Harvest Seed – Manitoba
A mail order business specializing in rare and endangered heirloom varieties of vegetables, flowers and herbs.
Richters Herbs – Ontario
Herb specialist since 1969. Have signed the Safe Seed Pledge for GMO-free seeds. Contact: (905)640-6677
Seeds of Victoria – BC
They offer a wide range of organic seeds of vegetables and also flowers. They also offer lectures and workshops.
Contact: (250) 881-1555
Hawthorn Farm Organic Seeds – Ontario
Certified organic seed for home and market gardeners. Vegetables, herbs, flowers – top quality and germination tested seed. Almost all of the seed is grown at Hawthorn Farm. email@example.com
Cubit’s – Ontario
Cubit’s sells ethical seeds for edible gardens with a specific interest in helping home gardeners grow their own food.
Salt Spring Seeds – BC
They are promoting a safe and sustainable, local agriculture in Canada.
The Cottage Gardener – Ontario
They have been providing rare and endangered heirloom varieties of vegetables, herbs, and flowers. Their online catalog has over 650 heirloom seeds.
William Dam Seeds – Ontario
They offer untreated and non-GMO seeds. They also sell vegetable plants in the spring. You can check their online catalog for the list of their seeds and plants.
Prairie Garden Seeds – Saskatchewan
They offer a wide range of organic seeds of vegetables and also flowers. Contact: 1(306) 682-1475
Strathcona 1890 – Vancouver, BC
Non-GMO, open pollinated, non-chemically treated, heirloom seeds for sustainable food resources.
Solana Seeds – Quebec
A small seed company that offers a variety of vegetables, flowers and exotic plant seeds. Order through their online form.
Mapple Farm – NB
A small seed company that offers non-GMO seeds and plants. Great online PDF catalog.
Sugar Shacks Seeds – BC
A lot of their seeds are heirloom, open-pollinated. You can rest assured that you will never receive any GMO or treated seeds.
Eagleridge Seeds – BC
They specialize in rare organic heirloom seeds since 1995 and completely non-GMO.
Vesey Seeds Ltd. – PEI
They sell certified organic vegetable and herb seeds as well as organic garlic and potato seed, heirloom varieties as well as hybrids.
Contact: 1-800-363-7333 (toll-free)